Mold Inspection San Francisco and Mold Testing San Francisco
Professional mold testing and inspection services in the San Franciso Bay Area should only be conducted by an industry-certified and experienced company with the background and merits that promote consistent quality. The inspectors at Indoor-Restore Environmental Services have the expertise needed to properly conduct mold and allergen sampling, leak detection, moisture testing, mold inspection and other condition assessment services at your property.
Our professional mold inspection and testing services in San Francisco include:
- Mold Testing of the Surfaces and Air (Air Quality Testing)
- Comprehensive Mold Inspection of the Property
- Indoor Allergen Air Testing
- Leak Detection and Moisture Testing
- Infrared Inspection & Survey / Infrared Thermal Imaging Assessment
- Water Damage Assessment and Mitigation
- Third-Party Laboratory Analysis of Mold Testing Samples
- Complete Review of Findings and Laboratory Report
- Recommendations for Repair and Remediation, If Needed
To speak with us regarding your property situation, call us today at 866-356-8433.
Mold and San Francisco
San Francisco, located in Northern California by the coast, is an ideal place to live for those who love moderate weather. Unlike other regions of the United States, the Bay Area rarely ever reaches any of the extreme temperatures. Snowstorms or heat waves are considered anomalies in this city. San Francisco remains consistently cool, somewhere in the mid-fifties, throughout the year with a mixture of sunshine and clouds. Residents of San Francisco also get to enjoy a damp climate with its high level of humidity and steady flow of precipitation year round, which is also accompanied with gusty winds and the city’s infamous fog.
While San Francisco is a great environment to live in with its beautiful cityscape and amazing weather, the attributes that make the city great are also a catalyst for mold. Mold is a fungus that can be found in nature and needs three things to survive: 1) an adequate moisture level, 2) a favorable temperature range, and 3) a biological food source. While mold exists in nature, concentrated amounts can grow rapidly within a household if the environment favors it. A few ideal settings are areas affected by moisture build up or water intrusion. Allowing mold to grow within a home will not only cause odor and unsightly areas of growth, but some people are even allergic to mold, causing symptoms such as sneezing and coughing. A type of mold known as ‘Stachybotrys atra’ or ‘Stachybotrys Chartarum’ can also cause poor health conditions if a person is exposed to it. A big issue of having mold within a home is that not all mold gives off odor or grows in visible locations, so your home and your health can be negatively affected without your knowledge.
How Does Mold Grow Indoors
When the indoor environmental conditions are ideal (i.e. when the temperature, humidity and other factors are within range) mold can begin forming in various places around a property. Quite often the location of mold is not visible to occupants of the property, existing within a wall, behind cabinetry or in an attic or crawlspace.
While temperature and other factors contribute to an ideal environment for mold growth, moisture is the primary cause of mold growth. While the source of a moisture problem within a property is often unknown, it is no secret that the climate of San Francisco can be very damp at times, with elevated humidity levels that are ideal for mold growth.
Some of the common sources of moisture (water) within a home's building material can include: plumbing leak, faucet leak, leak under the sink, roof leak, ceiling leak, window leak, weather stripping leak. We can help find the source of the water intruding into your San Francisco property.
What Are the Signs of a Mold Problem
If any water damage situation has occurred in your San Francisco property, it is recommended that a mold inspection be conducted. Water damage could be something as small as a leak under a sink to a major household flood. When an area of the floor, carpet, wall, cabinet, ceiling or other part of a property becomes soaked with water or sewage, mold can quickly become a problem. Mold growth can begin within 48 hours of a water damage event.
There are situations where water damage is not known to have occurred. This could be a hidden issue, occurring without your knowledge within a wall or ceiling space, or, in some circumstances, an event that occurred with the previous property occupant that was not disclosed properly.
Situations where water damage is not known to have occurred, but mold is suspected:
- Visual mold growth is seen somewhere in the property. The appearance of mold can vary greatly.
- Musty or moldy smell is detected in one or more areas around the property.
- Unusual stains that could have resulted from mold growth or water damage are seen on the ceiling, walls or floors.
- Long-term, unexplained medical conditions are being experienced by occupants of the property.
- Short-term health effects are experienced when inside the property. Symptoms can include allergy or cold/flu symptoms, asthma, runny or stuffy nose, wheezing, coughing, chest pain, lung infection, nasal inflammation and others.
To learn about the potential health effects of exposure to mold and poor indoor air quality, visit the Mold & Your Health page. For other detailed information about indoor mold, visit the Mold and Allergens Resources section.
Want to learn more about mold, water damage and its affects on older buildings in the San Francisco Bay Area? Read our article: San Francisco - Mold and Older Buildings.
If you have specific questions about mold removal and mold remediation in San Francisco, you are welcome to call us at 415-366-8145 for information on how to proceed.
What You Can Expect from Indoor-Restore
- A no-cost consultation with an environmental consultant prior to scheduling your inspection. The consultant will discuss the situation at your property, explain our company and services, and answer any questions you have.
- An up-front service quote for the complete inspection, with all testing included, before scheduling an appointment.
- A trained and certified inspector examining your property with a complete visual assessment, equipment readings to determine moisture levels in the regular indoor environment as well as in hidden cavities where moisture and mold can thrive.
- Testing of the air and surfaces around the property for laboratory analysis.
- A complete inspection report of findings, along with the testing results examined by a third-party laboratory. This report includes an interpretation of all results. All results and interpretations receive a secondary evaluation by an administrative environmental consultant to ensure accuracy and thoroughness.
- Support and recommendations on how to resolve any mold contamination or water damage issues found.
What You Can Expect from Every Indoor-Restore Inspector
- Industry Certification through the Indoor Environmental Association (IEA).
- Months of initial classroom and on-the-job training, along with yearly continuing education, lasting several days.
- Annual review to ensure complete competency, knowledge, client service dedication, and adherence to the highest quality of service.
- A dedication to professionalism, proper treatment of clients, and a thorough knowledge of their profession.
More About Us...
With nearly 20 years of industry experience, including being an established mold training organization in Northern California, Indoor-Restore Environmental Services is the leader in air quality issue detection and mold problem reporting.
A mold inspection with mold testing by a certified mold inspector provides a proper assessment of a property experiencing suspect mold growth and mold infestation. Whether it's home mold, mold and mildew in your office, or toxic mold in your industrial facility, we can determine the extent of the problem so you can make an informed decision on resolution.
San Francisco Service Area
In the San Francisco, California area, Indoor-Restore provides its mold inspection and mold testing services to the following San Francisco zip codes: 94101, 94102, 94103, 94104, 94105, 94106, 94107, 94108, 94109, 94110, 94111, 94112, 94113, 94114, 94115, 94116, 94117, 94118, 94119, 94120, 94121, 94122, 94123, 94124, 94125, 94126, 94127, 94128, 94129, 94130, 94131, 94132, 94133, 94134, 94135, 94136, 94137, 94138, 94139, 94140, 94141, 94142, 94143, 94144, 94145, 94146, 94147, 94150, 94151, 94152, 94153, 94154, 94155, 94156, 94157, 94158, 94159, 94160, 94161, 94162, 94163, 94164, 94165, 94166, 94167, 94168, 94169, 94170, 94171, 94172, 94175, 94177, 94188.
Service Dispatch Address: 119 Pfeiffer St, Unit #E, San Francisco, CA 94133
We also provide service coverage to these San Francisco neighborhoods: Bernal Heights, The Castro, Chinatown, Cole Valley, Deco Ghetto, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Park, The Haight, Hayes Valley, Inner Richmond, Inner Sunset, The Marina, The Mission, Nob Hill, Noe Valley, North Beach, Outer Richmond, Outer Sunset, Pacific Heights, Petrero Hill, Russian Hill, SoMa, Tenderloin, Union Square and Western Addition
Find us on:
Bay Area Service Region
Indoor-Restore provides its certified mold inspection and mold testing services throughout the San Francisco area. We also have locations to serve you locally in the following areas surrounding San Francisco:
- Redwood City Mold Inspection and Testing
- Sunnyvale Mold Inspection and Testing
- San Jose Mold Inspection and Testing
- Union City Mold Inspection and Testing
- Hayward Mold Inspection and Testing
- Oakland Mold Inspection and Testing
- Berkeley Mold Inspection and Testing
- Vallejo Mold Inspection and Testing
- Bay Area Mold Inspection and Testing
If you are interested in other Indoor-Restore services in San Francisco, California, click on the applicable service: San Francisco Mold Removal, San Francisco Water Damage Repair, San Francisco Property Restoration, San Francisco Asbestos Testing.
If you are a California tenant or renter and would like more information about your rights as a tenant in California with testing and inspecting for mold and water damage at your property, visit our page on California Renter's Rights with Mold.
We are always available to answer your questions and guide you towards an improved outcome. In San Francisco, call us at toll-free 1-866-356-8433 for more information. You may also e-mail us at any time at email@example.com. If you would like to submit a simple online contact form and have us give you a call or e-mail back, click here to visit the Indoor-Restore Online Contact Form. To submit a detailed service information request form, which includes property information so we can better respond, click here to visit our Online Service Information Request Form.